- Nutanix lately revealed its new business partner Microsoft Azure to deliver a hybrid cloud solution with a unified application.
- Nutanix intends to modernize the use of cloud computing and assist consumers in creating a hybrid cloud environment.
- COVID-19 impact increased business demand.
Nutanix, a frontrunner in enterprise cloud computing, lately revealed its new business partner Microsoft Azure. The partnership will allow both enterprises to deliver a hybrid solution with a unified application, license mobility, data, and unified management across Azure environments.
“With this partnership, Microsoft and Nutanix show our commitment to delivering a true, unified hybrid and multi-cloud environment,” commented Tarkan Maner, Chief Commercial Officer at Nutanix. “We know customers are looking for solutions to truly — and advance their cloud journey. This partnership helps us deliver a single software stack across public and private clouds, resulting in increased agility, streamlined operations, and significant cost savings.”
“Many companies face complexities when managing hybrid cloud environments across private and public clouds. We are excited to collaborate with Nutanix to give customers flexibility and a seamless experience with hybrid Nutanix and Azure solutions,” commented Scott Guthrie, Executive Vice President, Cloud and AI, at Microsoft Corporation.
As per the agreement, Microsoft and Nutanix will offer:
- Integration with Azure Arc – using Azure Arc control plane, Microsoft and Nutanix will empower data services, manage servers and containers on Nutanix HCI, on-premises, or in Azure.
- Nutanix Clusters on Azure – both enterprises will concentrate on extending Nutanix hybrid cloud infrastructure to Azure. The partnership includes the development of Nutanix-ready nodes on Azure to assist Nutanix Clusters and services.
- Unified procurement and assistance – Microsoft Azure clientele will be able to utilize their remaining Azure credits as part of Microsoft Azure Consumption Commitment (MACC) to buy Nutanix software.
“Not only Nutanix Clusters are going to be available on Azure — and we are jointly developing that solution to bring hybrid cloud solution to customers — we are also working to integrate Azure Arc across on-premises and Azure cloud,” commented Monica Kumar, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Nutanix.
Nutanix intends to streamline the use of cloud computing and assist consumers in creating a hybrid cloud environment. “Definitely one of the big pieces of news coming out of. NEXT is this morphing or, I would say, evolution of hyperconverged infrastructure to becoming the hybrid cloud infrastructure,” Kumar commented.
Like other technological enterprises, Nutanix lately experienced a rise in business demand for cloud computing, as the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) made operations and workforce to operate online. Owing to more flexibility during working hours, there was a rise in consumer demand. IT teams are leading innovation and cloud adoption, as Nutanix software unifies distributed, private, and public clouds. Thus, cloud services and Nutanix software together bring frictionless application mobility across various cloud environments. It also unifies IT operations.
As part of this partnership, users on Nutanix Cluster will be offered with an enhanced security alternative to manage and install Microsoft’s cloud computing platform from Nutanix Cluster’s management interface.
Nutanix is an international leader in cloud software and an innovator in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. The software is utilized by several organizations to manage any app at any location at any scale for their multi-cloud, private, and hybrid environments.